Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cat Ate Balloon Ribbon

Pierre ROY CAMILLE

I always spent hours watching the patterns of Earth's crust and cuts of geological strata that can be found in encyclopedias and dictionaries. "I got a sense of control and create my own world and to discover what lies beneath the surface of things.
same time, I was fascinated by the imagery "futuristic" used in scientific and medical aspects of primitive and soft organs and bones, transcended by the Medical rationalization. Extension representations of scientific and computer images of spikes in films and series of action and sci-fi of the 80s, such as Tron let me grow up longing for a future that did not exist. ; I also discovered at that time, along with millions of people, images of a clean war, live in front of my TV. These pictures, filmed at night, shooting, explosions, tracer bullets and bombs were guided both beautiful, mesmerizing and so deadly ... Make these aspects exist in the same pictorial space allows me to represent a place where past and future create a new present, a sum of possibilities, in a landscape become. My work speaks of remembrance, but not of nostalgia, the feeling of childhood through the filter of my adult eyes. I
based on expectations and assumptions of the viewer from the image to build devices that thwart. These images do not engage with evidence. Through the use of resins and varnishes, I produce an image stealth, which is discovered only in pieces and at times, but never in its entirety. This forces the viewer to confront the image that eludes and his own reflection in it embeds. A feeling of looking in a mirror that never ceases to send another reflection than ours, but we like so much. The source and the manufacture of these images is deliberately difficult to define, they located the boundaries of photography, painting and printing. I deliberately cultivates this confusion and sometimes the discrepancy between the image produced mechanically or by mathematical calculations and the image produced manually. The result is an artifact that I am particularly interested in the way of slipping between two worlds or two modes of dialogue and shows the rating fallible, sensitive, this grain of humanity.

















January 2009 - January 2011: Resident Artist Workshops GINKGO, Troyes 10000
June 2007: Getting the DNSAP at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts

SOLO EXHIBITION:

March 30 to 10 April 2010: Exhibition Check Point has CROUS Fine Arts Gallery, 11 Rue des Beaux-Arts 75006 Paris
September 24 to October 18, 2009: Exhibition at the Grand Hotel Kempinski, Quai du Mont-Blanc, Geneva

EXHIBITIONS:

March 26 to April 30, 2010: Exhibition Workshops Ginkgo St Vincent in the Cave, Champagne Chassenay d'Arce, 11, rue du juicer 10100 Ville-sur-Arce
October 2008: Young Creation 2008 international exhibition of contemporary art, Paris, Grande Halle de la Villette
November 18 to December 16, 2007: November in Vitry, international prize for painting the town of Vitry sur Seine
April 26 to May 20, 2007: 52nd Salon de Montrouge

www. Roy - camille . Com

0 comments:

Post a Comment